Moonzen F&B Operations Manager
Moonzen is a family-run brewery born from our love for authentic beers and ignited by the rich tapestry of Chinese culture. Using only the best ingredients, every Moonzen beer has a story, connecting our drinkers to our brewing journey.
The F&B Operations Manager is a senior staff manager and is responsible for the overall daily operation of all F&B locations. This individual supervises all staff (kitchen and bar), and reports to Senior Management. The OM must be both creative and process-driven in their management style and share our desire for excellence in execution by creating a world-class experience to customers.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of five years of Food & Beverage experience, at least two years of which have been in managing a Food & Beverage operation, preferably in a taproom, craft brewpub or bistro environment.
- The ability to work alongside and lead a collaborative effort with a team.
- A positive and empathetic team-building approach to the daily interaction with employees, to foster a positive working environment.
- The confidence and flexibility to work with a diverse group of management and stakeholders, brewery production staff, kitchen and front-of house bartenders, kitchen staff, and service support staff.
- The knowledge and creativity to work with kitchen and bar staff to develop and maintain a revolving pub-style menu of simple, well-crafted casual dining offerings and beer-paired food items, with an emphasis on quality and execution.
- Significant familiarity with craft beer styles and the customer experience in a taproom or craft beer brewpub environment. Cicerone certification is preferred and will be required within 6 months of employment.
- Working knowledge of budgeting and cost controls, the ability to develop and understand P&L statements, inventory management, purchasing, and vendor relations.
- Participation in the development of and responsibility for achieving budget targets for sales and costs. P&L responsibility for the operations side of the business.
- Planning and execution of taproom projects including project scope, sourcing contractors/vendors, supervising renovation/equipment purchases, while the project is completed to a specified timeline and budget.
- Coordination with the Brewery production staff and kitchen staff to anticipate and maintain adequate on-site beer and food inventories.
- Staff and shift scheduling for both kitchen and bar staff, including vacation and paid time off scheduling and policies. The OM is responsible to ensure that all positions and shifts are properly staffed and will provide senior management and staff with written and published schedules.
- The ability and willingness to step into the kitchen or bar to cover those positions on an as-needed basis.
- Participation in staff selection, development, and training, and maintaining a positive work environment. Administer performance standards and conduct annual reviews for all operations employees.
- The OM, working with senior management, will manage and maintain the Operations Employee Manual and employee rules and regulations, updating these documents as necessary to maintain compliance with all applicable standards.
- Develop and maintain (with kitchen staff) inventory sheets, ingredient lists for all menu items, preparation procedures for all menu items, recipe and plate presentation guidelines as well as opening and closing procedures.
- Managing both labor and food costs to budget. Maintenance of appropriate inventory levels.
- Menu development and management of item preparation to insure an organized and efficient delivery.
- Development and maintenance of opening and closing procedures for all bartender and bar staff employees.
- Development and maintenance of safety and sanitation standards in the bar and kitchen, and familiarity/compliance withal applicable standards.
- Ensure compliance to all security procedures and design strategies to protect all employees and customers and design strategies to reduce injuries to staff and prepare various accident reports.
- Participation in events planning and multi-media marketing strategies and implementation in coordination with senior management and Marketing / Media / Events staff.
We offer attractive compensation and benefits to the right candidate. Position is available from June 2021. If you are interested in joining the journey with Moonzen, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.